Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring is here!

The trouble with blogging about New Orleans is there is just way too much going on at any given time so that before you can organize your thoughts to type up something about an event or experience it has been replaced by five others and before you know it several weeks have passed.

This is exactly what it has been like the past couple months. Just this last week for instance I attended the Edible School Yard Fund Raiser at Green Charter School (where I teach), had dinner at Hori Noya (delicious!) in the CBD and then checked out Curly Taylor at Rock 'N Bowl on Thursday.

I went to Women and Wine on Wednesday the day before at Rio Mar in the Warehouse District for a bit as well as dress rehearsal at the opera (saw and enjoyed the Flying Dutchman) and then caught the incomparable Delfeayo Marsalis and the Uptown Jazz Orchestra at Snug Harbor.

Tuesday I was at Whole Foods on Magazine for Rob O's Wine and Cheese 101 with the meetup group which had been rescheduled from the week before and naturally coincided with the rescheduled Italian wine tasting with Antonio Molesini at Swirl! (I made there too!)

Monday evening I had shared a wonderful bottle of wine (Les Copines, 2007) with a friend and Sunday it was Brunch at Martin's on Veterans (delicious crab and brie quiche with a delicate mushroom soup and fresh fruit!) and dinner at Cafe Bamboo (Rice bowl sampler: mafe, mole and vindaloo - yum!)

By Friday I was exhausted, naturally. I would have slept in if I had not been slated to give a tour at the Odgen that morning. Before heading back home to hibernate for the weekend I met a couple friends for lunch at the Chill Out cafe on Maple. I did venture out once on Saturday afternoon to First Cup Cafe on Calhoun for a long overdue visit with my friend Artemis Preeshl who is getting ready for her next directorial project at Loyola.

The spring weather has been great and I am glad the current chill is only expected to last a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment